Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I Love Insurance

How much does insurance suck, especially at renewal time. I normally hate insurance and at work I see a plethora of people from all walks of life that believe insurance is nothing more than a scam. I can't help starting to feel like maybe I shouldn't be making people pay for insurance. Maybe I believe it's the right thing for them because I make a juicy margin on it. Today my faith in insurance was restored.

I parked my car in the Mall car park at 8.00. I got out of my car as pre normal. the car park has a decent slope but when I got out of my car it didn't roll (because I had the hand break on, good job Evan). I walked to work. I didn't notice any loud bangs. Nothing out of the norm... Until I went back to find my car 100 meters away smashed into a wall. No security video, no nothing, just a smashed car. Anyway I noticed a strange insurance euphoria brought on by the initial distress of finding my car wrecked followed by the joy of realising that insurance has saved me again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you for real? what happened?

2:16 pm  
Blogger Ev said...

When I got to the car it was unlocked and the hand break was off. I may have left it unlocked as no sign of forced entry. Either I left the hand break off which I'm 99% sure I didn't or some bugger thought it would be funny to take the hand break off. it was on enough of a slope that I would have noticed it start to roll. Anyway one of those things I'm going to have to wait until heaven to know for sure.

12:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did that clovelly the other day. Came out in orni, car was sliced between 2 cars, 1m from a brick wall inb bushes. No damage. SB

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home