Sunday, January 29, 2006

Optimal urinal numbers

I had a day at the races on Saturday. It wasn't a big race day such as the Melbourne Cup or Golden Slipper but it did draw a largish crowd. Visiting the little boys room numerous times it became apparent that the usage was at precisely the wrong level. Not empty enough that you could find a quite place on your own but not full enough that it was a big match environment. There was always enough room to step up but not enough room to fit in comfortably. I found myself caught in the urinal no mans land. Half time at the Rugby your expected to form a queue, swash in and be shoulder to shoulder with the guy next to you as shown in the picture above. From my observations I can conclude that, for me at least, 1 meter spacing is precisely the wrong gap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home