Friday, January 13, 2006

Reliability isn't everything

Looking through some old photos I came across the photos I used to sell my VW Type 3 Station wagon. I lost count of the times I had to push start the little bugger. It certainly was a whole lot wetter, mouldier, slower, fuel consuming, smellier, louder, high maintenance and more likely to have a wheel fly off at 80 than my current chariot but where do we draw the line? Like a writer who gains inspiration from an old typewriter, a builder whose tools have stood the test of time, there is something about her that transcends common sense, she was a good car. I'm alone in my time of need... yet I remind myself, she's gone to a better place, to someone who knows more about cars than key goes in here, petrol goes in there.

Now that I have got that off my chest I can go to bed in peace

"I should have told her every day, because she was perfect every day." Liam Neeson Love actually c 2003

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

know how you feel, the festy still brings a sentimental sigh. SB

4:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home