Monday, January 09, 2006

"To King Mark and Yseult"


I always feel a little awkward when taking part in semi interactive theatre. It probably stems from being embarrassed by mum enthusiastically clapping and dancing in time with all the other mums at Barker school productions....

Anyway last night my years of abstaining from crowd involvement caught up with me. My demise came swiftly and with great embarrassment to me but great delight to Nat, Syv and Matt. "OI you there, the bald guy in the white T-shirt" There was no looking around there was no hiding the play had stopped the cast had frozen and the craziest of them all (see picture) was pointing squarely at me (as were the 800 sets of eyes filling the Seymour Centre) "You didn't toast the King! Stand up" I stood there sheepishly, tail between my legs, waiting for my punishment. The rest of his rant has already been erased from my memory but I'm sure there was something about respect and me being too good the toast the king. "right because of you we are all going to do it again and I'll be watching you"

"To Mark and Yseult"

True to his promise he kept watching. From that point on I did as I was told.

http://sydneyfestival.org.au/event.asp?e=7

Anyway it was a bloody good play (literally) and it's on for a few weeks so go see it and don't toast the King ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home