Thursday, January 05, 2006

What was I thinking

Before you get the clippers out to give yourself a fashion mullet consider the humble undercut. I was a victim of the undercut in the early 90's and it has scarred me for life. You know the one, kind of like a bowl but the shaved bit is higher than the bowl line giving a more defined line. In my mind the coolest way to administer the undercut was to enhance the contrast by shaving as close as possible. Having never seen the sun before my skin had a nice white glow drawing unwanted attention to my hair faux pas.

I think the main cause of fashion victims is failure to comprehend the nature of "cool". What is cool to me is not necessarily cool to others. Moreover what is cool now will most certainly be uncool very soon. It has taken me some time to grasp these concept. I now avoid the ultra cool.

So if your considering a fashion mullet you may also wish to consider getting yourself some fluro gear (see photo), happy pants, a Kuta lines top, a hypercolour T-shirt, leg warmers, ripped stonewash jeans or even the humble undercut.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the return of the undercut isn't far away after all... cause Hypercolour is back!! http://www.bonds.com.au/hotspots.asp
No hypercolour undies though.

3:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home