Tuesday, November 27, 2007

That sinking feeling

I'm not an attention to detail kind of guy. This deficiancy can present in a number of different ways and in a wide variety of circumstances. I did something last night that I have't done for a long time. I sat an Exam..... It's been about 8 years since my last exam and 11 years since I last had the feeling I had last night. That sinking feeling you get when you realise you've stuffed something up big time. Can I just say attention to detail is very very important when reading an exam paper. Had I read the paper properly I would have seen the bit that said "answer 4 of the 8 following statements" in the short answers section. It wasn't until we walked out the door and Nat asked me which 4 short answers did you answer that I realised my folly. Of coarse the extra 40 minutes I spent answering all 8 short answers made it very hard to punch out three essays and as a result I'm pretty sure my essays will come up a little short too. Oh well at least we are saved by faith alone not by exam results so that no one can boast.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I think your post recounting that event may have made your folly worth it - it had us in hysterics (and we needed a smile put on our faces as we returned to rainy London today - but not for long!). Besides, i'm sure your short essays were fine (your blog entries are short and they're good!).

What did you sit the exam in? And was it by choice??????????

12:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home