Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tour time

For the uninitiated it's a bunch of guys (most of whom were on EPO's) riding, riding, riding some more. I didn't understand the hype. The first time I was forced to watch the tour I can clearly remember wondering why the commentators were getting so fire up about what looked like minor lead changes and breakaways that may or may not be caught. I especially didn't get the team aspect of the race. The tour is an all or nothing event for both rider and spectator. It only took me a few nights watching the tour three years ago to go from nothing to all. I don't really have too much to say other than if your not a fan try watching a few stages and once you understand a few of the many intricacies I guarantee you'll start to see what all the commotion is about.
Viva Le Tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home