Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Serendipity

- The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident

I used a serendipity bible in BS last night. This afternoon I had another serendipitous moment. I had a half day today thanks to the Saturday shift which so cruel prevented me from realising my Manyana dreams (see previous blog, Manyana Dreaming). On the way home I drove along the beach to see if it was worth a surf. Not much happening but I thought it prudent to pull over and check. A light offshore breeze gave some hope of good surf but alas no real swell. Disappointed with the less than desirable size I returned home to grab my mal. At least it's warm and I can get wet I thought. First half hour not much action a few nice ones but nothing spectacular. After a while I started getting better rides, the swell was picking up, the sets were marching in and for a brief hour everything clicked. If you have a look at MHL data for Wednesday (http://www.mhl.nsw.gov.au/htbin/wave_data_plot.com?Location=Combined_Plot) you will see a little spike in the middle of the day. Not sure if I made the right board choice but at least I was getting the pick of the waves. I'm saying 3 feet, slightly full to start off with, long perfect barreling rides. Not huge waves but, like an epic boomerang surf we once had, it was hard not to get barreled. I think all up I got 11 waves with barrel potential. I can't be sure about all of them but on some of them there was no doubt, I was well inside. I also got the longest barrel I have ever had. Tucked in and just kept going and going. The only thing missing was mates.

1 Comments:

Blogger Em and Gav said...

would have loved to have been there to share the action with u big man,sounds epic!

10:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home