Thursday, April 13, 2006

Madonna who?

I was lucky enough to be invited to the MTV awards. A great night was had by all and I was quite surprise with how much I enjoyed some of the acts but the whole experience has left me in a quandary. Am I one of those old people who can't move with the times? It's not that I didn't recognise any of the artists it's just that I couldn't comprehend most of the results.

Some of the quality nominees (as I see it) were
- U2

- Foo Fighters

- Madonna

- gorillaz


And the people that cleaned up......
- Ashley Simpson

- Shannon Noll

- The Veronicas

- Anthony Callea

- The Rouge Traders



I was informed today that Anthony Callea has the highest selling single of all time in Australia. Is that true? I HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD THE SONG!

I'd like to think it's not me it's you but it's hard to ignore the evidence. I'm already getting caught in the past.

I point the finger squarely at my mum who refused to listen to "real" music in the car instead preferring a 2WS concoction of 60's and 70's classics with catchy tunes and easy to sing along lyrics.

Maybe I should watch Idol and listen to Nova more often. It appears to be working for Bardots ; )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man...my advice just roll with it. Darren hayes is playing at the Opera House, want to go? Remember his verison of 'Lost Without You' at the Arias a couple of years back - incredible.

5:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home