Monday, November 13, 2006

Bring back Bill

I have always expected victory from the Wallabies however over the last few weeks with some dismal performances I have started to wonder if that is a realistic expectation. At the risk of sounding like a fair-weather fan I'm here to raise a troublesome thought. I think over the past decade or so since Lynagh Farr-Jones and Ella dragged us out of the Rugby wilderness and into the limelight we have become accustomed to winning, becoming a force to be reckoned with and for that we should be very proud. My concern is that it's not the last few years that have been the anomaly but the previous 15. We had a good run but do we really deserve to be number 1, is there a divine plan that has us holding Bill aloft come September. The stats say no and I'm starting to think that with our diversity of football codes our run of rugby dominance may be coming to an end. I stood by the Tahs through the 90's as they got smashed week after week and I will stand by the Wallabies as they try and drag themselves out of the mud. Can the likes of Mortlock and Tuqiri rise above and show the world that despite our size we kick arse in international sport?? Let's hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home